1. I Love YouIn my opinion, this is definitely one of the most important things to tell your partner so you can build a long lasting relationship. Just like Lao Tzu said: “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”. No matter how long you’ve been with your partner, you should still tell them every day how much you love and cherish them and how important they are to you.
2. I Miss YouEven if you haven't seen each other for a couple of hours while you were at work, you should still tell your partner you missed him (her). You could just send them a simple text message or a cute e-mail; they will definitely feel special, desired and appreciated and your simple gesture will also brighten up their day. Make sure you don’t suffocate them and that you are not too clingy; I’m sure you need your space too.
3. “How Was Your Day?”This is a very simple question to address to your partner every day, yet a lot of people forget about it. Show your loved one that you care about them, that you are interested in what happens in their life when you’re not around them and that you are there by their side if things didn’t work out as they planned. Don’t let indifference and neglect damage your relationship! Be considerate and even if you’re tired, make time for your significant other and be there for them when they need you!
4. “What Do You Think?”Always ask your partner’s opinion when you’re making a decision that concerns both of you. A relationship should not be dictatorial; you should both be able to decide certain things, just like in a democracy. You could also ask your loved one’s advice for the things that don’t affect them, just to show them that their opinion matters a lot to you, since they are the most important person in your life.
5. I’m SorryDon’t be too proud and always admit when you’re wrong, especially in front of your significant other! Apologize when you make a mistake and show them you are really sorry for hurting them. Everybody makes mistakes and everybody fails sometimes; just accept responsibility for your faults and move on. Don’t let all kinds of insignificant details get in the way of your happiness and don’t allow a small fight to turn into a horrible dispute that will destroy the trust you have in each other.
6. You Inspire MeShow your partner how important he (she) is to you and let them know how much they inspire you every day. Tell them how much you appreciate their work, the fact that they dedicate themselves 100% to pursue their dreams, that they enjoy the small things in life, how they deal with the people around them or how they overcome all the difficult situations they encounter on a daily basis. Tell them they really are a role-model to you and that you always look up to them.
7. You Are Always on My MindI’m sure your partner will be pleasantly surprised to find out that you’re still head over heels with them, even after so long. Just show them that you are always thinking about them, even when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. Tell them they captivate you and that they really are the most important person to you in this world, since you can’t stop thinking about them.
There are a lot of things you should tell your partner on a daily basis in order to improve your relationship and increase your intimacy. I just mentioned a few in this little article but I’m sure there are many more I forgot about. Can you give me a hand and tell me what other things should I add to this list? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section!